Before being appointed as Tutor in Law at Liverpool Hope University, I was employed as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at Edge Hill University. I am currently writing up my doctoral thesis into the role of the law in the processes of state dissolution and state formation. This will be submitted over the next few months.
I also have experience of legal practice having worked within the UK’s largest employment law consultancy firm, as well as for several substantial solicitors’ firms in the area of civil litigation.
In addition, I am a qualified public service interpreter.
I read law at Edge Hill University where I was awarded prizes for outstanding academic achievements. These included: The Beryl Russell Academic Achievement Scholarship in recognition of achieving highest APM in the Faculty of Arts & Sciences, The Duncan Gibbins Solicitors Scholarship and The Edge Hill University Mooting Excellence Award.
My 2017 LLM thesis entitled ‘EU Solidarity: Constitutional Myth or Flawed Reality. A Study of the EU’s Response to the Migration Crisis’ was selected as the best postgraduate dissertation in the field of immigration and asylum by Journal of Immigration Asylum and Nationality Law.
Alongside my doctoral research I have co-authored a number of publications in the area of EU competition and public law.
I am a Member of the European Society of International Law and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
In the Academic Year 2021/2 I am a Coordinator for Level C and a Course Leader for Legal Methods and Legal Praxis. I also deliver EU Law seminars.
- Law Undergraduate Degree/ Edge Hill University, 2015, LLB – First Class honours
- The Degree of Master of Laws through Research – Edge Hill University, 2018, LLM – (100% mark - without amendments)
- PGCert in Higher Education, 2019 - Distinction
- Rizzuto F. and Lynch M.E. (2021) 'On the continued inadmissibility of preliminary references from national competition authorities—time for a change?' (2021) 42 (11) European Competition Law Review 612.
- Rizzuto F. and Lynch M.E. (2020) 'The Private Enforcement of EU Competition Law: Recent Developments in the Case Law of the Court of Justice of the European Union' 13(1) Global Competition Litigation Review 9.
- Rizzuto F. and Lynch M.E. (2020) ‘Generics UK 'pay-for-delay' ruling of the Court of Justice of the European Union. Case C-307/18 Generics UK Ltd and Others v Competition and Market Authority of the 30th January 2020' 4 (3) European Competition and Regulatory Law Review 1.
- Rizzuto F. and Lynch M. E. (2020), 'The Procedural Implications of The Otis And Others Ruling of The European Court of Justice of The European Union – Clarification of The Scope of 'Any Individual' Who May Bring A Claim for Damages in Private Enforcement Proceedings' 41 (7) European Competition Law Review 360.
- Rizzuto F. and Lynch M.E. (2020) ‘The Court of Justice Rules in PZU Zycie that National Competition Law is alive and kicking thanks to the threefold test for idem’ 4 (3) European Competition and Regulatory Law Review.